Sunday 18 October 2015

Wanderlust

Today is the 18th of October, which means there are exactly two months left until my flight back home departs from Melbourne. It's just crazy for me how the time in Australia has gone by so quickly and I just can't believe that I was able to experience SO much in such a short time. Up to now I have been to the Northern Territory and visited Uluru, I have been to North Queenland, Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road, Kangaroo Island, Victor Harbor and many other places in South Australia. I did my diving license, tried surfing for the first time, cuddled with a koala, went diving and snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef, walked around Uluru and Katja Tjuta, tried sandboarding in the little Sahara and last week even tried rowing on the Torrens River in Adelaide with the Riverside Rowing Club for the first time. All those events are just the ones I can recall right now, but if I would scroll through all my blog posts, I am sure the list would be much longer and there were many more 'first times' in the past few months. My last exam here in Adelaide is on the 20th of November, then I have to give back the keys for the apartment and will start travelling again, this time for a whole month. I am teaming up with Nici and we have not fixed yet where exactly we wanna spend our time from end of November until mid December, but I marked the spots we are planning to see on the map below. I also marked the spots I have already been to with red pins, which made me realize again that Australia is just unbelievable huge and there are still so many places to discover. I guess you could spend a lifetime travelling around Australia and still couldn't manage to see and experience 'everything'. I always loved travelling, but since I am on exchange the wanderlust really kicked in and I just can't wait for travelling around for the last month in OZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment