Friday 14 August 2015

5 things I love about Adelaide

#1 Tiny little Adelaide

Compared to Vienna, Adelaide seems so small, but I really enjoy living here, because it is like the perfect halfway between my little hometown in Upper Austria and big Vienna. You find your way around here very easily and I hardly ever feel lost. I also love the fact that I bump into some other exchange students on the streets quite frequently - as my GP said: Adelaide is the biggest village in Australia :D

#2 Being so close to the beach

Adelaide is also known for being the '20 minute city', which means you can hit so many different beautiful beaches within only 20 minutes. I also enjoy being at the beach in winter, but I am so excited for my first bike ride down River Torrens with a beach towel in my bag. 


#3 Student discounts everywhere

You get student discounts in the Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants, Cinemas, at the hairdresser and even on pyjama shorts - jackpot!

#4 Exotic atmosphere

On one of my first days here, I strolled through the city centre and recognized that the birds sound and look a lot different to what I am used to - there were budgies in the trees and I was a bit surprised. To complete the picture, there are lots of palm trees everywhere.


#5 Everything is in walking distance

This one refers to #1. The city centre of Adelaide is 10.5 square kilometres and the bus system is not the best. The busses only leave every 20-30 minutes and you never know how long it will take until the next bus arrives. That sounds like I am writing a '5 things I hate about Adelaide' post, but as I prefer to keep a positive mind: I don't need the busses at all. Everything I need is in walking distance, which means it won't take me longer than 10-15 minutes to get there by foot and I get a lot of exercise for free - whooop :D


No comments:

Post a Comment