Friday 3 July 2015

The first step is always the hardest

You want to hear the naked truth? What nobody ever tells you about being abroad by yourself is that the first days and nights can be like a real nightmare. You feel lost, lonely and homesick. Nobody tells you this, because everybody is having the time of their lives in the end and maybe cannot remember how hard these first days had been. Just imagine being on a new continent, in a new country, in a new city among people with a different culture - sounds exciting right? But experiencing this all alone is a different story. Thanks to my jetlag I am awake at 5 a.m. writing this post, but I am trying to see this whole situation from another point of view: I won't get the chance to have more than one week to do whatever I would like to in a city that I have yet to explore. So at least I try to be optimistic and I am really looking forward to stop by the Zoo tomorrow to finally see some Quokkas.


No comments:

Post a Comment